Re: XML unification proposal

2004-06-01 02:40:21
Tim Meadowcroft wrote:

SPF v2 (or 1.1 or whatever) keeps the existing syntax and use of TXT
records
in DNS, but also allows the specification of a URL that holds the XML
record,
hence making XML available to those who really want it, but keeping
arbitrarily large XML out of DNS records

 v=spf2 xml=http://www.schmerg.com/spf.xml
or
 v=spf2 xml=http://www.schmerg.com/spf.xml mx -all

Please tell me one sample of something that can be described with XML syntax
but not with SPF like syntax.

Currently SPF v1 is a superset of Microsoft's XML for CID. I can convert
Microsoft's XML to SPF ready to be processed by SPF implementations. But it
is not possible to convert all SPF records to XML so that they can be
processed by currently available CID implementations.

Roger

BTW. My offer to write an SPF to XML converter was a joke as a response to
an idea that I consider a joke.