Re: Microsoft IIS and Exchange Support

2004-06-01 05:59:46
On Fri, 28 May 2004, Michael R. Brumm wrote:

However, the following additions to SPF could kill my implementation:
- XML (will libspf-alt support this?)
- RR types (not supported by Windows DNS API AFAIK)
- RFROM as MAIL FROM parameter may not be possible (if it were a separate
ESMTP command after or before MAIL FROM, I could definitely make it work).

Isn't it a bit ironic that these items are recent (Microsoft?) proposals?

No, actually.  Microsoft is in the business of selling new software.  They
don't make a dime off people extending their old stuff.  I'm sure they'd
be very pleased if everyone had to go out and upgrade Exchange to make the
New SPF work.