Re: RCPT TO: rejecting (OT)

2004-06-01 08:15:59
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Daniel Taylor wrote:

Option 1:
Live forward. Attempt delivery to the Exchange server before reporting
acceptance back to the originating server.

Option 2:
Use a directory service. Validate the recipient address through
your internal directory service before accepting it in Exim.

Thanks.  Both are excellent ideas, but I'm not sure yet if Exim can do
them.  I don't think Exim 3.x could, but we recently upgraded to 4.x and I
haven't had time to really pour over the documentation in depth yet.  4.x
added support for ACLs that can be evaluated during the SMTP dialog, so I
suspect I might be able to have it talk to Exchange's LDAP service that
way.

If anyone has done this, please share. :)