RE: dynamic DNS and SPF?

2004-06-03 05:13:26
In your scenario I believe you should be doing the following (experts please
correct if necessary):
1)  your server does not have a reverse DNS, therefore you should set your mail
service to relay
outbound mail through your ISP's mail servers (this you should do no matter
what, it really has
nothing to do with SPF)

2)  set your SPF record to allow email from your isp's mail servers (via an "a"
record)

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Lotas
Smartman
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 8:06 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] dynamic DNS and SPF?

Im running a mail server from home and i would like to enable SPF in
my domain. I have it setup at the moment (lotas-smartman.net) but its
currently saying at all servers on dbln.cable.ntl.com is allowed send
email from lotas-smartman.net. I dont run my own dns servers, there
hosted on zoneedit. my ip doesent change that often so should i just
put in my FQDN in there or what would you advise.
Thanks in advance.
Lotas Smartman, MCP
www.lotas-smartman.net
www.the-hairy-one.com
www.lsn-blog.tk

The Inbox Event at the Marriott San Jose features SPF.
   June 2: Email Accountability Symposium (free)
   June 3: SPF Strategy BOF (free) where industry will
coordinate deployment timeline
   Times: 6:30pm - 8pm, both sessions.  http://www.inboxevent.com/

To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,