Re: ebay problem

2004-06-05 11:23:09
Hi angus and @all

* Convince Ebay to not forge email addresses.  (They could due SRS,
  for example, or to collect any bounces themselves.)

Seems like the latter would be the best solution for sites like this -
collect the bounces, and use a code in the Subject (for example) to
identify bounces and alert the other party of a message failure. They
should never have really been sending out messages with someone else as
the
sender to begin with.

This is indeed NO solution on my opinion, lets point out the facts:

1)      we publish for all our 1000+ domains spf records with "-all" !!!
2)      nearly 100% is smooth and clear
3)      only some major players like ebay are breaking rfc rules.

but...

ebay is a "must" in our days and if some Mails from ebay will be rejected
with  554 .... our customers will shoot us off to the moon....

so "who" may convince ebay to obey the rules.... i think some times they
and other make the rules ....

on this point Meng shoud intervent at @all major sites to reinspect their
email codes not to send with a envelope sender name of the  intented
receiving domain !

to solve this with a hot needle like "if ebay make following if microsoft
do this.... " is not a real solution to help spf  !!!!!!!!

so meng  please give your opinion for a possible and fast solution to this
dillema !!!

i postet two times to this list but no real answers are comming back..

my alterenatives for all domains are for now to switch them to "?all"...
rediciolous in my oppinion...

so please help us an me and our customers with a bunch of real solution
for this dilema no only wise tips...

yours

gerhard