Re: a "never relays" parameter

2004-06-08 15:29:42

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Quinlan" <quinlan(_at_)pathname(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 2:21 AM
Subject: [spf-discuss] a "never relays" parameter

Let me run an idea past you all.  How about an SPF parameter to indicate
that only permitted senders may relay messages?  That is, nobody else
would be allowed to relay messages from the sender, period.  (This is
not the same as "-all".)

AOL, could for example, have a billing.aol.com subdomain (or whatever
they choose) that they never plan to relay, but aol.com could be left
free to be relayed via via SRS, the SUBMITTER parameter, etc.

I *like* this one! Seriously. It would break setups using typical
"forwarding", but that's just too bad for certain types of relatively secure
information handling such as banking correspondence.