RE: Large address scope problem

2004-06-14 18:24:01
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Gary
Levell
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 8:21 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Large address scope problem
Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
Since you are clearly talking about a product that works with
MS-Exchange, please tell us that if it leads to mail being rejected
that it does the reject during the SMTP transaction and doesn't do an
"accept and then bounce".

Yes. This is what the spec calls for. This will happen either at the
MAIL FROM command if appropriate, or if we need to parse the headers to
get access to 822/2822 header information then it will happen just after
the DATA command. We will also have this behaviour if the server running
our product is not located on the domain perimeter (which is quite
common). In this circumstance, we can still check the ClientIP provided
that we can get it from the Received: headers.

-Gary
If you got an SPF fail after accepting the message, to whom would you send
the bounce?

Scott K