RE: a grand unified theory of MARID

2004-06-18 07:09:46
Simplicity = Determinism, lower design risk, fewer implementation defects
(bugs)comprehensive testing, lower risk of latent design or implemtation
defects = interoperability.

Complexity = Stochastic results, obscure design interactions, increased
implementation defects, complex testing, higher risk of latent defects =
Non-interoperability.

I'm paying attention to SPF because I can understand it and it meets my
immediate goal (no, I didn't send that spam, do with it what you will, but
don't blame me).

I'm not an e-mail professional.

I don't send bulk mail.

I am a very small business that depends on reliable e-mail with my
customers.

I can do SPF.  All this other stuff is going to take more time than I have.

Please, please, please, do not lead us towards a solution that is over
complex.

Even if it works, it probably won't work for me.  If it's to complex, it's
unlikely to be reliable enough for people to depend on it.

I fear in trying for everything, you will end up with nothing.

Scott Kitterman