Re: Unification theory and "layers"

2004-06-20 14:14:00
--wayne <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com> wrote:

Sorry, but I just don't trust unverified claims like that.  If MS
doesn't come up with code that we can test this claim on our own email
streams, I see absolutely no reason why the Caller-ID PRA algorithm
should be put into a standard-track RFC.  I could see an experimental
or informational RFC, but until there is proof, this is just wishful
thinking.

Good point. I think the only hard data we will see on it is when large-scale receivers start checking their inbound mail and logging the results.

After installing Postfix and seeing that it adds Delivered-To: by default, my gut tells me that there are more PRA-compliant mailers out there than SRS-compliant ones. But, I have no hard data to back it up. Still I would have to say that I see even less reason why SRS should be put into a standards-track RFC than PRA :)