Re: Re: making the policy decision: leveraging HTTPS

2004-06-20 20:52:21
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:57:05 +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote
For me HTTPS is a make money fast multilevel marketing scheme
controlled by Verisign and others.  It offers secure HTTP
connections, that's really nice, but I haven't used it yet
as some kind of "reputation".  Who are all those root CAs,
and what's their business model in selling certificates ?

Well, considering Verisign once sold a microsoft.com certificate to someone
who didn't belong to Microsoft, their model seems to revolve entirely around
whether the buyer has money.