Indiustry Alliance Publish Anti-Spam Proposals

2004-06-22 11:55:17
Sorry for the possibly OT poat

This article came via http://slashdot.org

I've copied of the bulk of the news release, without commentary
and fluff, to get to the point

The PDF document gives an overview of the issues with spam, and
how it is delivered. There is a section on "Curbing Email
Forgery", which point to MARID in the summary (no mention of
SPF though)

Microsoft seems to have forgotten to publish the document (in
an obvious location I can see anyway), but does tell us how they
are saving the world from spam (including how Caller ID
prevents spoofing)

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/06-22-2004/0002197777&EDATE=

Email via Mailtraq4Free from Enstar (www.mailtraqdirect.co.uk)