Distributed reputation system project announcement

2004-06-22 14:48:54
Given the recent discussion of reputation systems, I've decided to
finally start working on my distributed reputation system in earnest.

The working title for the project is: Gossip Optimized for
Selective Spam Prevention (GOSSiP).

There's a website that details the current concepts at
http://sufficiently-advanced.net

There's a mailing list set up (via mailman) to which interested
people can subscribe:

There's also some extremely early skeleton code on the
sufficiently-advanced page (a skeleton sendmail milter and
threaded GOSSiP server, both in C).

I'd invite anyone interested in being involved in the project,
particularly those who'd like to help develop the code, to
subscribe to the mailing list.

--
Mark C. Langston                                    Sr. Unix SysAdmin
mark(_at_)bitshift(_dot_)org