Re: Mechanism for Rejection of E-Mails

2004-06-24 06:50:09
On Jun 23, 2004, at 9:22 PM, Sivakumar Sathyamurthy ( InfoSec)- CTD, Chennai wrote:

I understand that ... But I was just curious to know the method by which it can be done. Pl let me know the mechanism by which mails from domains can be
rejected or forwarded to a specific e-mail account for analysis.

It depends on the details of your mail system. Tell us about your mail system and then people may be able to give you more specific advise.

For me at one site running sendmail and using the sendmail-milter-spf I simply look at the sendmail log. Also because I am also running MIMEDefang as a milter, I could easily use that to redirect such messages if I wanted to.

At another (much much smaller) site, I'm running exim. Again, log analysis does the job.

But until you give us some hint as to the SPF filtering tool you are using, I don't think that anyone can tell you how to tune your system to do what you ask.

-j