Win NT

2004-06-29 11:17:25
Hi all. My DNS is, sadly, hosted on Windows NT 4.0 Server. I'd love to get around to changing that but don't have enough time right now.

I tried putting:

mydomain.com   IN TXT "v=spf1 ptr -all"

into my zone file, updated the serial, and restarted the service. It did not squawk, but when I go to the DNSStuff SPF tester, I get back:

Error: I could not get the SPF string [SPF not supported (the mydomain.com TXT record does not exist, negative TTL=3108).].

If I do a 'dig @dns.mydomain.com mydomain.com TXT' it returns zilch.

Does the WinNT DNS just ignore the TXT records? Is there a registry hack that can get it to serve these records? Has anyone else got the SPF records to work with it?

Thanks!
Kevin