Re: register.com and SPF advocacy

2004-06-30 22:16:47
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:55:50PM -0400, Thomas Harold wrote:

| Yeah, I was one of those people.
|
| We moved our DNS services to DNSMadeEasy.com.
|
| Good chance that we'll be moving our registar records as well.  I don't
| hold much hope that Register.com will catch a clue unless one of the big
| ISPs holds their feet to the fire.  (Our complaints probably never made
| it past the front line support people.)

As a small business owner, I would request that anyone who
"votes with their feet" to please email customer support and
explain why you are switching to a competitor.  There is a
lot of noise in the system, and without this kind of
communication, it is difficult for businesses to know what
they're doing wrong.

After all, the decision not to renew a contract represents
only one bit of information; increasing the verbosity of
that operation improves the information content of your
action.

Enough of this sort of feedback and smart businesses will
respond.

Unfortunately, simple requests are often not sufficient,
because whenever your customer count goes above a certain
number, the kook contingent introduces enough noise that you
can't listen to everything.