Re: Why Modified SPF is Working

2004-07-03 11:52:04
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 01:54:56 -0700, David Lawless
<david_lawless(_at_)flumedata(_dot_)com> wrote:
The results I've obtained with aggressively modified SPF have
been nothing short of amazing.  Really unbelievable.  Jaw
dropping.  It's been at a perfect 100% (no joke, 100% without
any outside help) since my last significant tweak about three
days ago.  Only about three or four messages out of the 477
blocked so far ever got through--and those would have been
stopped by the adjustments they subsequently inspired.

Hello,

I'm wondering if you had any tests or controls for false positives.
Since you are using (and seem to be advocating) a very aggressive SPF
implementation, that is going to be a much more telling measure of how
good a filter this is.  (It's easy, of course, to block 100% of spam
by blocking all incoming email -- but that's not a useful filter.)

--David Burns