ISP migration information

2004-07-03 12:04:29
Hi List,

Recently, it has come to our attention that there are domain
providers/ISP's that are publishing SPF records for their customers
without consulting them beforehand. It then comes as a bad surprise to
their customers that all of a sudden the mail they send from their
laptop at home get's rejected by spf checking hosts (ok, this ties in
with the ~all vs -all debate). If this happens too often, SPF becomes
'that stupid stuff that prevents my mail from being sent and that I
disabled as soon as I found out about it'.

We've been talking about it on #spf a bit, and reached the conclusion
there should be a page dedicated to those working at the ISP's and
domain hosters, giving them pointers on how to roll out spf, smtp auth,
what to tell their customers, etc...

I've taken the lead on this, and am enquiring whether anyone on the list
here is an ISP, can provide me with some input on how they did roll out
spf or how they are planning to do so. What issues should ISP's take
into account?

Maybe we want to provide standard letters ISP's can send to their
customers. Checklists for the technicians, that kind of stuff.

Anything would help!

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html