Re: SPF TXT to English?

2004-07-15 09:48:38
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:48:17 +0200, Koen Martens <spf(_at_)sonologic(_dot_)nl>
wrote:
On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 11:16:15PM -0400, Paul Bissex wrote:
[snip]
I do have another wizard suggestion though: check whether the provided
domain already has an SPF record, and if so explain that record in
English (and pre-set the relevant fields in the form as well, I
suppose).

Actually, this is kind of non trivial. The wizard can only
generate a subset of all possible spf records, so parsing any arbitrary
spf record into the wizard's set of options is difficult.
Besides that, the source is kind of obfuscated by a mixture of html and
perl (it's a mason thingy).

But if you feel comfortable to add this as an option, I think Meng will
hapilly send you the source so you can modify it.

Thanks for the detail. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the source
even so. I just wanted something for me and for casual use in SPF
evangelism. I had planned to write it in Python, FWIW.

No rush, as I'm about to leave for 10 days' vacation...

pb

--
paul bissex, e-scribe.com -- database-driven web development
413.585.8095