Re: SPF and Responsibility

2004-07-21 13:56:06
Le mercredi 21 Juillet 2004 22:48, Jef Poskanzer a écrit :

I really don't get all the fretting about what various SPF results *mean*.
The only SPF result that has a definite meaning is "fail":  It causes the
message to bounce.  Any other result, softfail/neutral/none/error/whatever,
and the message goes through to your next level of filtering.  You do
have a next level of filtering don't you?  And it's Bayesian and therefore
figures out the "meaning" of the SPF header on its own, doesn't it?
So what is there to argue about?  Trust your filter and relax.

I believe this was the wisest post of the series ;-)

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E