[SPF] What to do in Windows 2003 and a .local domain DNS

2004-07-24 06:26:56
Hi,

I'm very interested in an SPF filter on my Windows 2003.

I have seen on the website that is must create an TXT record where my SMTP
server is named. (MX)

But here I my questions:

1.      my internal domain has as extension .local but on the internet I use
.NL but the SPF filter is for .NL but I have only a DNS AD Integrated which
ands on .local, what should I do?
2.      my second question is, I have the SPF filter set to my IP by doing
MX:000.000.000.000 (this is not my real adres) is this correct? I need one
SPF record for each SMTP server is that true?
3.      how can I check I an email of the SPF filter is working because the
check tool on your website says the he can't find an SPF rule.
4.      Do I have to set ports open on my firewall for use of DNS from the
internet to validate the SPF filter?

Regards,

D. Hutten

Send us money!  http://spf.pobox.com/donations.html