The future of spf.infinitepenguins.net

2004-07-25 07:42:59
Everyone,

As you may or may not have noticed spf.infinitepenguins.net ("S.IP")
became stable and extremely fast.  This positive change is the result of
the site changing hands as it is now under the responsibility of myself
to maintain it.  The website is now hosted on a major backbone in
western North America on a machine dedicated to similar purposes which
is what accounts for the improvements.

This move was stage 1 of several geared towards better supporting the
Internet community as interest in SPF continues to grow.  The original
owner of the site Richard George <parsingphase(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> whom I
believe
we all owe a debt of gratitude for his efforts to date which have
facilitated the disclosure of invaluable statistical data.

Richard has transfer to me the domain, and the database EXCLUDING the
E-Mail addresses of those who signed up due to understandable privacy
reasons stemming from the sign-up agreement those of us who signed up
for the site were privy to.  I have received a few E-mails about broken
accounts and this is because those who had accounts will have to
re-sign-up since there is no means with which to authenticate them.

This leads us to Stage 2.  Stage 2 is the deployment of a new site aptly
entitled "Sender Policy Framework Tools Network".  The domain name
associated with this site is "spfTools.net" is live and currently
redirects to the S.IP site.

The goal or mandate of this site is to provide both on, and offline
tools in all available languages.  The S.IP site will remain as is
although will benefit from a slight aesthetic overhaul and minor code
changes, and will be linked from the spfTools.net site.

Please see my next post entitled spfTools.net; A Call for all SPF
related tools" for details on code submission and ways you can support
this effort.

Once again I would like to extend my thanks to Richard George for his
all his hard work, and for everyone else who has participated by taking
the time to submit their domains to the site.  If you have the time
perhaps personally thank him :-)  (Richard: in DoD we generally yell
"Incoming!" at this time ;] )

Cheers,

James

--