Re: inherited SPF record

2004-08-06 09:02:21
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Roger Moser wrote:

2) update the rfc to describe a default best-guess.  in
   other words, if a domain exists and has a or mx records
   but no spf record, assume its spf record is a/24 mx/24
   ptr.

I had tested this best-guess policy for some time, but I had to remove it.
For example it failed on all legitimate mail from juno.com.

There is no 'fail' result with the best guess record.  The full
record is:

v=spf1 a/24 mx/24 ptr ?all

What exactly were you using?  Sure, the recommended best guess might
not give 'pass' for all legitimate mail, but when it doesn't, the
'neutral' result should be treated the same as 'none'.  So why
would you have to remove it?