Re: Re: change of version string

2004-08-07 05:40:20
On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 18:44, wayne wrote:

Even in the last jabber session before IETF-60, the continued support
for SPF-classic brought up.  I know that both you and Meng think that
the entire SPF community will follow along and switch to the PRA and
MARID, but I don't believe it for a second.  Your own study of the PRA
showed that it had a much higher error rate than SPF and as tiny as
your study was, it is the largest todate.  There simply has been
almost no testing of the PRA and little reason to trust it.

Whilst I most certainly do NOT agree with Wayne's library naming
decision, I absolutely concur with the above paragraph.  I believe that
Wayne has made an exceptional argument here and warrants further
discussion by others.

There is just no way people are going to hop onto the PRA wagon just
because an RFC may possibly be published.  Why would I trade in my
Corvette for a Chevette?  ?

Cheers,

James

--