Earthlink needs a clue

2004-08-08 09:43:52
I am getting a lot of these stupid messages.  Who can we write to at
Earthlink to explain that whitelisting sender addresses doesn't do a lick
of good and only annoys innocent bystanders - unless they authenticate the
sender first (i.e. with SPF, SES, or DK).

Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 08:26:04 -0700
From: automated-response(_at_)earthlink(_dot_)net
To: stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: Status

This is an automatic reply to your email message to jose(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com

This email address is protected by EarthLink spamBlocker. Your email
message has been redirected to a "suspect email" folder for
jose(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com(_dot_) In order for your message to be moved to
this
recipient's Inbox, he or she must add your email address to a list of
allowed senders.

Click the link below to request that jose(_at_)teleport(_dot_)com add you to
this