Re: Earthlink needs a clue

2004-08-08 17:17:21
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

I am getting a lot of these stupid messages.

You're not alone with this problem, and eartlink is not the
only clueless organization "offering" this "service". It's
always the same idea:  They get the money for their service,
but you do the work (time / bandwidth / disk space).

Similar organizations are UOL, quikcop, etc.  The worst of
all is spamarrest, it comes complete with an affiliate MLM
pyramid scheme (and a broken C/R system). I always confirm
that their challenges indeed reached an innocent bystander
before I report this UCE-styled-as-challenge via SpamCop.

In the case of earthlink you can add a short message to the
sender in the confirmation.  Because it's a short message I
tend to use short 4-letter words.

So far I found only one working C/R system:  mailblocks.com,
they offer to report spam in their challenges.  Maybe they
have already implemented SPF, I haven't got a challenge from
mailblocks for some weeks now.
                              Bye, Frank