Re: Sub domains

2004-08-19 12:44:44
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 03:15:45PM -0400, David Brodbeck wrote:
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:18:00 +0200, Koen Martens wrote
Grin,
I got your point all along.

I was just trying to get some discussion going by elaborating a bit,
but so far only Mark has joined in and he hasn't really answered the
problem with sub-domaining if you ask me.

I guess this means a.example.com is just screwed if b.example.com
misbehaves..

Does this also mean that if spammer.co.uk misbehaves, the entire rest of the
co.uk domain is screwed?

It does if you take co.uk as the entity to which you assign reputation.. That's
the difficulty with it, where to draw the line.. If you attach the reputation
to 'spammer.co.uk' you get said problem that spammer.com just uses
'a.spammer.com' 'b.spammer.com' 'c.spammer.com' etc..

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.