Re: Perfect Spam Blocking with SPF -- Update

2004-08-20 00:57:01
On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 19:45, David Lawless wrote:
I figure I'm good for six to eight months, maybe a year.  By then
SPF/SenderID will be starting to inflict real damage to
spammers and they will start using throw-away domains.  However
this is easy to fix.  All one needs to do is download one of the
several 'whois' modules off of CPAN and start checking domains
that pass SPF.

Doing automated whois checks will likely result in your IP being blocked
by the registrars' whois servers - whois proxy services like geektools
have had problems with this happening.

I figure that I'll reject all e-mail from domains less than one
year old since throwaway domains are never registered for more
than the minimum.  All mail from Godaddy domains (including
domainsbyproxy.com) will automatically get the boot.

Hmm, rejecting mail from domains registered with the most white-hat
registrar I know of... good luck!

Cheers, Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul(_at_)city-fan(_dot_)org>