Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-19 18:59:00
...... Original Message .......
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:05:28 -0400 Greg Wooledge  wrote:
Scott Kitterman  wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com

I'm sure each customer does have a separate AUTH account, just that
there's no association between AUTH accounts and sending domains.
Setting up and maintaining such associations is definitely a
non-trivial
exercise, but necessary really if people want to use a "+" mechanism
rather than a "?" mechanism for the shared server.

Yes, that's it exactly.  I am interested in finding an SMTP provider that
will do that.

For just yourself, or for a pool of non-technical users?  If it's just
you, ssh into your own computer from anywhere in the world and send
mail out.  For non-technical users, it may be harder to set up.  You
could do a co-lo SMTP box, or somehow arrange VPN-like tunnels for them
to somewhere that's SPF-authorized....

I could do that, but I don't want to.  E-mail isn't my business.  It's a
tool for me to do my business.  I need to have it just work.

I want to outsource my SMTP services from someone who doesn't allow cross
customer forgeries.  Every time this topic comes up (search the archives
for 'softpass' if you missed it) someone says that a provider that allows
cross customer forgeries is incompetent and I should go elsewhere.

Were do I go?  A colo isn't affordable for me.

Scott Kitterman