RE: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-19 19:32:28
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
Rodolfo Sikora
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:28 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Some thoughts about spam and SPF

The company I work for does exactly this. To provide a outsourced SMTP
service and a incoming filter. Free of forgeries, everybody use smtp
auth and quickly we can find out if someone is doing the wrong thing.
This is working pretty cool and our customer are exactly this kind of
people that uses email as a tool and don't have time to waste with
those problems.

OK.  If I sign up and want to send e-mail from my domain, how do you
determine if I'm an authorized user of that domain?  What prevents your
other customers from forging my domain?  SMTP Auth says that I'm a customer
of yours.  It doesn't, in and of itself, say what domains I'm authorized to
send mail from.

Scott Kitterman