Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-23 11:56:17
I use zoneedit.com as they allow you to enter whatever TXT record you like -
and the first 5 domains are free :-)

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2004 8:47 PM
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Some thoughts about spam and SPF

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, guy wrote:

"That way, there are no additional MTA's listed with "?"."

Some of us must use the ISPs mail servers.  My IP address is blacklisted
because it is using DHCP.  I had been doing my own email for years,
until
dnsbl.sorbs.net (and others) blacklisted my IP address.  I wonder if a
"cease and desist" letter would help?

Sign up with http://dnsmadeeasy.com for an SMTP forwarding account.
They will let you send mail with SMTP AUTH for a particular domain
(or domains, more $$) through their server, which you can then list
in SPF.  Since they charge for domains you are allowed to send
from, I assume they use your authentication to validate the domain.
SMTP AUTH is over your choice of a wide selection of ports (since
ISPs often block 25).  One domain is $9.95/yr.

I am about to email them about whether the precise addresses to list in
SPF are available.   I use their DNS service (fantastic), but have not
used
their email services.  I am not affiliated except as a customer.  Our
ISP is completely clueless when it comes to DNS - they were supposed to
be supplying secondary servers and kept screwing it up, so we finally gave
up
trying to educate them and tried dnsmadeeasy - which has worked
flawlessly.
All management is via web - no idiot tech flunkies to argue with.  Real
techies
maintain and improve the web interface - and they respond to email.

    Business Management Systems Inc.  Phone: 703 591-0911 Fax: 703
591-6154

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta
features SPF and Sender ID.