RE: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-24 11:44:53
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Guy wrote:

You said: "wouldn't it be easier to include:dnsmadeeasy.com?"

Is that a free service?  If no, is your message spam?

Substitute your choice of service.  You are paying your ISP.
If your ISP does not provide adequate SMTP service, then you
have to pay someone else for that service - or switch ISPs.

For instance, our ISP (Cavalier) is too clueless to provide the Secondary DNS
service they promised.  However, their T1 prices are low, and their
connectivity decent - so we opted to just pay another company for the
DNS service - a whopping $18/yr.

The point is that there is no good reason not to have "-all" in your
SPF record.  The cost of providing SMTP AUTH is fairly trivial -
even for a home user like me.

I'm investigating into whether dnsmadeeasy.com actually checks domains on the
SMTP AUTH service.  I'll post the results.