Re: Some thoughts about spam and SPF

2004-08-24 12:57:04
Ok, one more..

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:36:38PM -0500, Seth Goodman wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem, as do many
small business and personal domain owners.  Neither of my two providers
offer SMTP AUTH, though one promises it in the near future.  When they
do, it is unclear if they will prevent domain forgery after
authentication.  I have written them to explain the need for this, but
the reply I got back indicates they either didn't read or didn't
understand the request.

Seeing that a lot of home domain owners run into this problem, it would
make sense to pair up and share the (already ridiculously low) cost of a
shared or dedicated server colocation.

Koen

Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.