Re: Which address of this list should auto-responses go?

2004-08-21 02:12:06
AccuSpam <support(_at_)accuspam(_dot_)com> writes:

I disagree. The 'correct' answer is that if you use an auto-response
(or other challenge) system then you *MUST* whitelist the mailing
lists to which you subscribe.

Oh I agree with that and had already written that much earlier:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200408/0771.html

"If I whitelist the people on the list, they never see my auto-response..."

I think you miss the subtle difference here. I did not suggest
whitelisting the people on the list, but the list *itself*. That is,
you should not sent challenges to mails sent via the mailing lists to
which you subscribe. Thus if I post to a list to which you also
subscribe, I would not expect to receive an auto-response. But if I
was to send you email directly, not via a mailing list, I would expect
to receive an auto-response from you.