Re: "RE: Which address of this list should auto-responses go?"

2004-08-21 14:55:51

The answer is that AccuSpam does *NOT* require the sender to do anything in
order for the recipient to receive the message.  This it is a Challenge Non
Response (CNR) system.

Okay, but the challenge is still sent, so it has the same nuisance/spam
factor as a PTYLM scheme.

Same nuisance generally as any auto-response.

You are entitled to your perspective, just be aware it is not the perspective
of everyone.  Indeed many people think they are a feature of email.

I will repeat what I wrote in an earlier post:

When did an auto-response become spam?  ISPs have to follow the law.

To elaborate, if you send me an email, I have a right under the law to respond
to you.  If I choose to respond with a robot, that is my choice.  You have a
right not to e-mail me.

You don't have to actually send mail to check that.  Look into an MTA
feature called "callback verification" for an idea how this can be done.

I already wrote in this thread that we are going to provide that as an option,
but you may not be aware that feature does not always work correctly for
several reasons that our IPR.

Actually there is a better way to detect non-existent sender, but it is our
IPR, so I will not tell you.  In any case, the auto-response is the most
accurate way for several reasons that our IPR.

Thanks,
Shelby