Re: Can SPF identify wildcard domain forgery?

2004-08-21 16:08:08

Why would a personal domain need this?  A personal domain will usually
only have one user, who presumably knows what mail servers they're using.

Maybe it is my mis-use of "personal".  I mean any domain not owned by large
companies.

Also I think many people who buy domains for personal use, do get *(_at_)domain
mailbox.  It is sort of a super feature that ISPs can offer at no extra cost.
Maybe I am wrong.  But certainly many of the millions of domains have
*(_at_)domain mailbox and this is a big hole for *EXISTENT* sender address
email forgery.

Thanks,
Shelby