RE: Fw: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss) Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys]

2004-08-21 16:08:32
Mark, you may be at fault!

If your blocking did not send a "554 Rejected" (or similar) then the sender,
accuspam may have received a transient error.  If he got a transient error,
he is expected to re-send after a delay, and continue for days.  Normal I
think is to re-try every 4 hours for 5 days.

Do you know what response your system sent to his email server?

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 4:29 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Fw: Received your email: [Re: (spf-discuss)
Opening Debate on SPF vs. SenderKeys]

AccuSpam wrote:

I would ask Pair.com to make a public statement, but frankly it is is
probably not worth their time to refute Mark.  But I am sure that
Pair.com is not happy about the allegation Mark is insinuating about
Pair.com.

We will see. I forwarded the headers and excerpt of my logs to the pair.com
abuse department. Although YOU may not have access to their maillog, they
themselves, of course, do. And it will be a breeze for them to match my log
of your transmission with their own logs.

And I am not insinuating anything about pair.com; only about YOU. They let
you use their mail servers to send mail -- probably with the provision that
you will not violate their TOS.

For the record on our reputation, Mark has clarified above that he
was wrong (lying) in accusing me of continuing to send
auto-responses.  Instead, he *NOW* claims his mail server was
delaying the delivery of an auto-response, which my server sent
*BEFORE* I stated in this thread that I turned off the
auto-responses.

No, you dufus of a man! YOUR mailserver queued your message to me, as you
were blacklisted here, remember? Then, this morning, around 10 AM, your mail
server tried again (succesfully, this time, as I had unblocked you). There
is no doubt, whatsoever, about when your mail server contacted mine to
deliver your spam. And it was clearly after the time you had promised not to
do so any more.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---