Inaccurate news articles: an opportunity to spread truth.

2004-09-09 11:07:28
We are seeing some partially inaccurate news articles about SPF and Sender ID.
I suggest that each of us should take these articles as an opportunity to
spread the truth.  Many news sites have response mechanisms.  Many list the
email address of the author.  Use them.

Remember though to be polite, factual, accurate and consise.  Refer to the
spf.pobox.com site when it is appropriate.

If you can not constrain yourself to be polite,  do not write at all.  News
authors get beat up by rude people 24/7.  They quickly learn to filter out
rudeness.

Politeness stands out (unfortunately) by its rarity.  It is both morally right,
and smart communication technique to be polite.

Mark Holm