spf policy for localhost and false helo of receiver address

2004-09-10 02:21:52
There are two cases that currently are returned as unknown that I'd like
to either publish a policy either as part of my record, or just straight
to the dns for my mailserver, to authoritatively accept messages that
come in on the 127.x interface, that one should be easy. For the other
case, a remote machine  announcing itself with a helo of my ip address,
I definitely do not want to accept email from. For that matter, a helo
of any ip address... How is everyone else handling these cases?

Received-SPF: unknown (Address does not pass the Sender Policy Framework)
        SPF=HELO; sender=localhost; remoteip=::ffff:127.0.0.1;
        remotehost=localhost; helo=localhost;
        receiver=Blue.BerthoudWireless.net;

Received-SPF: unknown (Address does not pass the Sender Policy Framework)
  SPF=HELO;
  sender=63.253.67.36;
  remoteip=::ffff:69.111.191.183;
  remotehost=;
  helo=63.253.67.36;
  receiver=Blue.BerthoudWireless.net;

--
Scott Taylor - <security(_at_)303underground(_dot_)com>

BOFH Excuse #18:

excess surge protection