Re: Am I nuts?

2004-09-16 13:38:44
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:22:14 -0400, Holm, Mark <mholm(_at_)medrad(_dot_)com>
wrote:

One more point, the filing date is October 10, 2003.  I think that means, if
prior art is going to kill any part of this, the prior art must be dated
before the invention date and the earliest invention date is October 10,
2002.  Why? Because you have only one year from invention date to file the
patent and prior art is going to have to be before invention date. (I am not
completely sure on this, but the logic is going to be something like this.

Read  a little more carefully, it references another filing from March 2003:

CROSS REFERENCE TO RELATED APPLICATIONS

[0001] The present application claims the benefit of U.S. Provisional
Patent Application Ser. No. 60/454,517, filed Mar. 12, 2003, and
entitled "Coordinated Reduction Of Unwanted And Unsolicited Electronic
Mail Messages".

Mike