Re: Re: MARID to close (fwd)

2004-09-22 20:58:29
csm(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com wrote:

I intend to make it my business to let the world know how
and why the MARID effort died. The "world" I speak of includes the general
internet public, politicians and policy makers.

When I voiced my repeated concern, on the mxcomp list, about the in my eyes very real and present danger of Microsoft "usurping" SPF, and similar technology, some folks reacted almost annoyed, rather; as in, how dare I suggest a thing so detached from reality! Microsoft would never do that, would they? Now we know better.

Though I believe the chairs were every bit as honorable in their request to have faith in the good intentions of Microsoft, I believe they were equally naive in that assumption. The goal and purpose of the IETF, to serve the Internet community at large, simply does not reconcile with that of a single, large corporation, whose goal and purpose it is, by nature, to serve itself above everyone else.

I consider Microsoft's clear and deliberate deceipt an unconscionable
act which demands retribution. ...

Anyone care to join me?

In analogy to "The best revenge is living well," I'd say, the best retribution is to come up with rock-solid, open-source standard. Like SPF. :) Let's continue the work.

- Mark

       System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,