RE: moving on from MARID

2004-09-28 08:23:52
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Michel Py wrote:

Another thing that comes to mind is P2P, and I don't like comparing it
with SPF either but here it is anyway: Is P2P legal? (cough). Has anyone
being able to stop it? No. Why? Because 100 million people are using it.

P2P is legal - at least for now.  What is illegal is distributing
copyrighted material you don't own.  Abuse of P2P for this purpose is
what will drive making P2P illegal.  Already P2P has earned an
unfortunate shady aura - like a pawn shop.  Of course a pawn shop
is legal, but we all know most of the goods in there are probably stolen.