The pretty name

2004-09-29 22:04:14
Carl Hutzler wrote:
And to be fair, Outlook does show both when you
OPEN THE EMAIL and read it.

In Bill Gates' dreams only. Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no.

The "sometimes yes":

Outlook 2000:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/Outlook2000-1.jpg

Outlook 2003:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/Outlook2003-1.jpg

But there's also the "sometimes no":

First, I send myself some email. The good old fashioned way, with
telnet:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/telnet_25.jpg
(who needs an email client, anyway?)

Results in the "list" view, nothing surprising:

Outlook 2000:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/Outlook2000-2.jpg

Outlook 2003:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/Outlook2003-2.jpg

Now, the fun part. Open the email.

Outlook 2000:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/Outlook2000-3.jpg

Outlook 2003:
http://home.pacbell.net/arn-py/photos/Outlook2003-3.jpg

OOOHHH SHIIITTT !!!!!

Now, a fair warning: before anybody here posts screaming bloody murder
about how bad M$ sucks, I have more screenshots on the shelf. I showed
you this because there's nothing to show: a gorilla can do it, including
and especially the 800-pound one :-)  Now, there are some people on this
very list that think their shit does not stink and their systems are
invincible (and no I do _not_ mean AOL). Beware: I have more .JPGs on
the shelf than I posted tonight; a gorilla could not do them but a
trained chimpanzee could.

In other words: I shot the darts at the easy target: M$. Don't think
that because you run *nix makes you bullet-proof. Shooting at an
elephant stuck in a hallway is no sport; I might enjoy more challenging
targets.

Michel.