Re: The pretty name

2004-09-30 14:04:18
On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 11:01:31AM -0500,
 Ryan Malayter <rmalayter(_at_)bai(_dot_)org> wrote
 a message of 56 lines which said:

I actually think rewriting the RFC-2822 From and Sender headers to
match envelope sender, while drastic, is an approach worth
investigating.

Are you pulling our leg? Because, if you are serious, it seems you did
not think a lot about the consequences (what about mailing lists,
should every message on that list begin "From: owner-spf-discuss"?)

Other than mailing lists, what legitimate mail functions would such
rewriting behavior break?

I love the "other than mailing lists". What about roaming users? Do
you want to force them to use a tunnel back home?

I just can't think of everything it might screw up.

Please think harder.