Re: What to include...

2004-10-05 09:08:13
administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com wrote:

Personally, I am getting more confused as this discussion progresses.
The machine name for our Sendmail server is Server1.yellowhead.com,
and after discovering that it was not using this fully qualified name on
the outbound HELO, it was corrected. However, this is not the name of
any of the domains that it acts as mail server for. It is not possible to
use the correct name for each domain on the HELO, because all but one
of these domains are pseudo names. The only record you will find for
Server1.yellowhead.com is an "A" record. There are no "MX" records or
"TXT" records.

Then add a TXT record. :) Treat the SPF record for "server1.yellowhead.com"
as if it were the, single, SPF record for an MX:

server1.yellowhead.com.        TXT "v=spf1 a -all"

You can add this TXT record, in case it was not clear, in the zone file for
"yellowhead.com". That is all you need; and love, of course. :)

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---
"If you were supposed to understand it,