RE: Re: [SPF Classic] Policy best practices should be kept out

2004-10-07 08:52:23
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Tony
Finch
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 11:45 AM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [spf-discuss] Re: [SPF Classic] Policy best practices
should be kept out

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, guy wrote:

If I say don't accept mail from an address, or a list of addresses, then
don't accept it.

If you say that you will be wrong, if you ever email me (or any of my 30K
users) via a forwarding email addresses and if I were irresponsible enough
to deploy SPF checks.

Or maybe you really do mean what your SPF record says and you want to be
unable to email a large proportion of open source software developers and
academics, etc.

Tony.

Or perhaps you should check SPF at the forwarding MTA and then locally
whitelist (for the purpose of SPF) mail that is forwarded from your
forwarding MTA.

Forwarding is really an issue for the receiver to deal with.  When you
deploy SPF checks, you have to do so in a reasoned way.

Scott Kitterman