SenderID and v=spf1 - Please say NO

2004-10-14 17:12:53

Meng,

There was an overwhelming oppposition shown on this list to idea
of allowing Microsoft to reuse v=spf1 records for Sender ID checking.
Because there is a number of events upcoming in which you're sceduled
to speak regarding SPF and where SenderID would also be mentioned,
I request that you give SPF community your word that you will not
be supporting reusing v=spf1 records for purposes other then what
is specified in the just published draft.

If you can not do this and will be speaking in support of reusing
v=spf1 records and in support of Sender ID, please let the SPF community
know about it so we could decide on possibility of another spokesman
for the community to answer interviews and to provide SPF position
on different events in a way that would better represents consensus
or majority view seen on this list.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks