Re: It's published!

2004-10-17 16:06:41
wayne wrote:

Requiring %- for spaces in explanation TXT RRs would be a
huge incompatiblity with the install base.

Then something like your macro-string-with-sp is necessary.

I welcome suggestions for a better name

text-macro = *( macro-string / " " )
text-macro = *( macro-expand / macro-literal / "/" / " " )

Or similar.  With a hint in line 1576, "three" instead of
"two" macro contexts, in the note just below the %% example.

I didn't understand your syntax, somewhere near the dot with
*ALPHA in domain-spec I lost it.  For your text an enumeration
of valid macro characters makes sense, you want a syntax error
for undefined macro characters.

More robust vs. less flexible, actually I wanted to propose an
enumeration for one of Mark's pre-releases, but then I found
his "unknown" resp. "deprecated" solution,  Works both.  But an
enumeration is more in the spirit of a "validating evaluation".

Domain names have always been able to have a space character
via the %- escape.

Okay, that explains why you removed the space in line 935.  I'm
not holding my breath until somebody actually uses %- for this
purpose.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but does any of this
comment also apply to draft-schlitt-spf-00*?

Nope, it was all about draft-lentczner.  I didn't collect the
typos in your text, I vaguely recall two sentences ending with
"the." instead of "the something.".  Maybe you find it looking
for "the."
               Bye, Frank