Re: New news articles

2004-10-19 12:27:20
Of course he is.  As I said many times, as the technical world begins to see
the real issues involved, they will recognized the goal is to stop malicious
transactions before the payload is accepted.

I said that since day one, in fact, I will go on record (if not already) to
suggest I sincerely doubt Microsoft will expose their corporate customer
base to such a poor level of transaction management.  It puts their customer
operations at risk and hence MS at risk at well.   In short, they will not
do PRA in its present form - patented or otherwise.

http://www.santronics.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "jpinkerton" <johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] New news articles

Just a little extract to boost morale ---

As IT guru Tim Berners-Lee said recently in an interview with
InternetNews:
"I think SPF is something that should be more widely used to thwart email
address forgery. The technology is there to deal with this. SPF can be
used
right now to distinguish legitimate mail from illegal mail containing
viruses before any message data is transmitted. I encourage people to use
SPF because it provides the technology that works."

He appears to be referring to spf1, *not* spf with PRA or whatever
attached.
;-)

Slainte,

JohnP.