Re: Re: New ideas for RFC2822 headers checking with SPF

2004-10-22 12:14:21
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, william(at)elan.net wrote:

This was how they were doing it two years ago (maybe 2.5 or 3), which
is part of the reason I stopped using hotmail then. I had to use account
for some webmail access some years ago and also then signed up for couple
mail lists and in all the cases, I had to set filter to whitelist all my
mail lists. As far as I know (based on talking to my brother who's big
fan of hotmail) these policies are still there.

I've been corrected by people who know better. Regarding hotmail, it
appears they use combination of checking if RFC2821 RCPT TO is equivalent
to header TO and of RFC2821 MAIL FROM is equivalent to header From.
Most mail list processing would result in both of those not being
correct and so result is that practicly all mail lists have to be
whitelisted with hotmail.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Networks