Re: Sender ID in the news

2004-10-25 11:44:31
In <20041025183112(_dot_)GB1135(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> Meng Weng
Wong <mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:

The Sender ID answer to this is: the outsourcing company
should add a "Sender" header which points to them.  Then the
small business's "From" won't be used as the target of the PRA.

[...]

So I think that any time you need to make a change, the
question is whether the change is reasonable.  If SRS is
reasonable, surely adding a "Sender" header is also
reasonable.

Yes, but it is a change that results solely from the use of the PRA.

Mind you, I am still of the opinion that the SPF records can be safely
extended to be the union of all IP addresses associated with the
2821.MAILFROM and the PRA.  MarkL, on the other hand, was recently
talking about how he feels this is a bad idea.

-wayne